Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back to School Bulletin Board Sayings!

Thanks to Eberhart's Explorers I found out that Really Roper is having a Back to School Bulletin Board Linky Party! I am new to all the blogging and linky parties but I adore seeing other teacher's ideas out there!

bulletin+board.png

Here are some of my favorites that I've used and will use this year:
"Hanging In Pre-K With Miss Holder": I created a palm tree scene with monkey's hanging all around and bushels of bananas in their hands with the students names written on them. Above is a picture!

"Look HOOOOOOO's in Pre-K!": This year I am using Owls and we'll be called Olson's Owls! To create the bulletin board I have a large owl that will be sitting in a tree. You can write the teacher's name on the large owl. Then I will have smaller owls out all around and in the tree with a clothespin glued on top with their name. This way I can hang some of their work from the first few days of school! I like to make clothespins with their names on it since we can't write our names legible yet!

"Let's MOOOOOOve on into a New School Year! or "Herding up a Great Bunch"- I did this bulletin board one year for my Mom who is the counselor where I teach at now. You make grass out of bulletin board paper and then add a paper fence (you can purchase a paper fence at school craft or your local school decor store). Then we wrote all the teachers names on cows! (Thanks to a carson dellosa cow notepad) It turned out really cute!

"Leaping into Learning with __________": In the blank spot insert teacher's name. Create a lily pad in center and put a big frog in the middle. Around the lily pad on smaller lily pads glue frogs with the children's name on it. My 3 year old teacher co-worker did this last year for the beginning of school it was great!

Happy Beginning of School Bulletin Board Creating! :)

9 comments:

  1. I am beyond excited to have found your blog!! I teach pre-k too! AND it's also going to be 2nd year! I get so so excited to find more pre-k bloggers to share ideas with!! Going to have to add you to my blog roll for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping by to say Hi. You were spotlighted in my Blog Mixer Linky Party.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth!

    My name's Megan and I teach Kindergarten in Kansas! Your blog is INCREDIBLE... and is totally inspiring me to start a teaching-only blog (my blog is a personal/teaching/cooking/crafting blog right now). Your blog seriously is amazing- how did you learn how to do all the different things?? Did you use tutorials or are you naturally gifted? haha :)

    We have a lot in common! I'm in my 2nd year of teaching K and got married 2 years ago! :)

    Ttysoon,

    Megan @http://coffeypartyof3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to find your blog. This will be my first year teaching preschool - three year olds. We're using owls as our theme and I share a similar aversion to primary colors! Love seeing your idea. Thank you for taking time to share them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet words and encouragement on my blog! I feel so blessed to have you as followers and commenters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog and I simply love it! I will be your new follower.

    Cindy
    Teaming Up To Teach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, My name is Rebecca Olson and I am a 4th grade teacher. My class is also the Olson's Owls. Your blog is very fun and has some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just found your blog and love it. Please please please can you tell me where I can buy the owl job chart. I live in the uk so please could you include full details of how and where to buy the owl chart resources. I'd be eternally grateful thanks so much!!

    Rebecca Greene, year 1 primary school teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them
      Came from Carson Dellosa. You can order them online at their website. Also teacher created resources and Trend interprise has online ordering they have more owl stuff as well!!!

      Delete